Thursday, April 14, 2011

Her Pulse

I was thinking the other day about what the average women would say to the man she loves, if she had the guts to be completely honest.  What do we, as women, want men to know about us?  Disgregarding personal and individual goals and needs, What are the core needs, desires, hopes of members of the female sex?  For what does a woman's heart beat?  What would a woman say to her man if she would allow herself to just speak plainly, to truly express her heart to him...without fear of shame or repurcussion or embarassment?  This poem came out of that contemplation.

Her Pulse

Pursue me,
I am longing to be wooed
In body, mind, and soul, in word and deed

Entice me.
I want to be intrigued;
To know my heart can race, can skip a beat

Adore me.
I long to know my worth.
I need no flowers or chocolate, just your time.

Admire me,
But please do not enshrine.
For sooth, I'll disappoint if held too high

Encourage me.
Prove that you're on my side
To hold  my hand and share my heavy load.

Empower me.
I need to hear, "you can."
Believe in me, support me, be my fan.

And lead me,
But do not domineer
Be gentle and be sure; lend me your ear.

Oh, love me
Through service and sacrifice
So shall you gain devotion without end.

(c) Kasidee Gilchrist 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment